Courtesy of Virginia Is For Lovers Blog:
By a wide margin, Millie’s Diner in Richmond was the most recommended place to eat like a local. What’s more, Millie’s was also one of the most recommended establishments for a great breakfast. Why so hot? “One word — scallops — the best in the U.S.” Or more words, if you’re not a fan of scallops:
– “The most delicious place to eat in all of Richmond, hands down. I have ordered things there that I never would have tried anywhere else, just because I know that there is NO WAY it wouldn’t be absolutely delicious coming from Millie’s kitchen.”
– “I live in Reston, VA and make it a point to eat at Millie’s EVERY time I am in Richmond.”
– “It was the place I chose to pop the question a couple years ago.”
– “I ate there every Sunday for two years … they saved a stool for me at the end of the counter. Now THAT is local.”
So what’s good to eat at Millie’s?
– “Thai Shrimp! I ordered it every Friday night the first year Millie’s was open, then decided the rest of the menu was probably good as well (and it is). We have been eating there for 25 years.”
– “Any one of the messes, though my favorite is Castro’s Mess.”
– “Devil’s Mess, Cajun Mess, or anything really. Especially the Bloody Mary.”
– “Love their vegetarian selections!”
More local eats:
Is it lunchtime yet??